- Public Works
- Solid Waste
As of March 12, 2021, WCA has been acquired by GFL Environmental. This change will in no way affect our customers. The local Bay City office is open and remaining operational with the same personnel. Customers can expect to see the rebranding process of dumpster, roll-offs and toters. Service trucks will also change from WCA to GFL Environmental in the near future.
Any questions or concerns can be directed to GFL (979) 245-0368.
Solid Waste Contractor
700 Avenue F
Bay City, TX 77414
Customer Service Phone: 979-245-0368
The primary responsibility of the City’s Solid Waste Contractor is to collect the City’s Residential and Commercial solid waste. Duties of the Solid Waste Contractor include:
- Residential Solid Waste Collection including brush and large items, serving approximately 5,400 households
- Citizen Issue Resolution
- Commercial Solid Waste Collection
View the Curbside Waste Bay City Brochure for bulk trash collection guidelines and holiday schedule.
Curbside Residential Garbage Collection
- Residential service is provided through the use of automated side load trucks on a twice per week basis.
- Each residence is provided a 96-gallon cart to be placed curbside on the regular scheduled pickup day.
- Carts are for residential waste only, no construction debris, metal, dirt, tree limbs, or hazardous waste are to be placed in the Cart. The lid of the card must be closed, without debris placed above the rim of the cart.
- Pickup starts at 7 am.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place or leave any residential (garbage) container, empty or otherwise, on or near a curb line after 8 pm on the designated collection day or prior to 8 pm on the day before the day designed for collection.
- View Automated Garbage Collection Frequently Asked Questions (PDF).
Residential Large Item & Tree Limb Collection
Once a week furniture, appliances, brush, tree limbs, and large items will be picked up. Only 2 cubic yards of waste is allowed per week. Arrangements for larger piles may be made by calling GFL at 979-245-0368. See the pickup schedule to determine your pickup day. GFL Brush Pick Up Schedule
Tree limbs and brush need to be separated from all other waste, so that it may be taken to the brush site to be made into mulch. Customers are encouraged to use compostable bags for grass clippings or leaves. Trimmings, brush, and shrubs placed for collection should be placed at the curb, on your property, not on a neighboring vacant property, in the right-of-way or blocking a sidewalk. Tree trimmers, landscapers, and/or grass cutters for hire are required to haul away any waste they create. GFL will not pick up any waste generated by a contractor.
Residential customers can also dispose of trimmings, brush, and shrubs at the City’s brush site at no charge. If you need further information on the brush site, please call Public Works at 979-323-1659
Items NOT accepted in the weekly pickup include construction and/or remodeling debris, lumber, drywall, insulation, cabinets, toilets, appliances containing Freon not stamped with certification of removal, debris from general land clearing, debris from cleanup activities of vacant or improved property, garbage/trash/rubbish from evictions, move-outs or households with an inactive solid waste utility account.
NO TIRES will be picked up by GFL or the City. You must properly dispose of tires at a scrap tire facility.
GFL offers dumpster service for our commercial accounts. Our customers can choose from a 2-yard, 3-yard, 4-yard, 6-yard, or 8-yard dumpster, with services ranging from once a week up to 6 times per week Monday through Saturday.
Roll-off Dumpsters inside the City limits are provided by GFL through a franchise agreement and they can be reached at 713-670-9199.