Close Patrol / House Watch Request

We are often asked to check residences when the occupants are out of town on business or vacation. We maintain a list of such residences, and they are checked as often as possible. If you are leaving town and would like us to check in on your residence you can email the Police Department with the subject line "Close Patrol Request". We will need to know the following information:

  • Your name, address, and phone number
  • A number where you can be reached, if possible
  • A local person (name and phone numbers) that is responsible for you residence while you are gone
  • The dates you are leaving and returning
  • Any other information we should know, such as:
    • Dogs loose in the yard
    • Lights on timers in the house
    • Vehicles left in the driveway

Should you return early, you should call 979-245-8500 and let us know you are back.