Values consist of standards, beliefs, and principles upon which we base our life and professional choices. They are held so strongly that they noticeably affect the way we think and act. Values motivate us and help us to make judgments.
We accept our employment with the Bay City Police Department as a symbol of public trust. Our fundamental duty is to serve and protect the members of our community to the very best of our abilities. We dedicate ourselves before God, constantly striving to achieve the following objectives:
- We will treat everyone with respect, dignity, and fairness without prejudice, oppression, or intimidation.
- We will maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity in both our professional and personal lives.
- We will vigorously enforce the law and protect the constitutional rights of all.
- We will be courteous and friendly toward every person we serve.
- We will always strive to find the best possible solution to every problem presented to us.
- We will not intentionally say or do anything to embarrass or offend others or ourselves.
- We are accountable to a higher authority and the community, which we serve, and we will be always mindful of that.