Riverside Park Rules & Regulations
VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
- Camping permitted in numbered sites only, fee required.
- Checkout time is 2:00 p.m. – Renewal of permits must be done before 9:00a.m. on check-out dates
- Gathering of firewood is prohibited. Campers are encouraged to bring their own firewood. Fires are permitted in fire rings and barbecue pits only.
- Fireworks are prohibited in all city parks.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and are not permitted in public buildings. Noisy, vicious or dangerous animals must be kept enclosed in camping units or removed from the city park.
- Hunting and firearms are prohibited in all city parks.
- All wildlife is protected and no persons may hunt, harm, harass, disturb, trap, confine, catch, posses, or remove wildlife from the city park.
- All plant life is protected and no person may willfully cut, mutilate, injure, destroy or remove any type of plant like from the city park. Please use lantern post provided and do not drive nails onto trees.
- Park gates are closed and locked at dark and opened at daybreak. Only these persons are dully authorized to use camping sites may remain in park during the night. Guest are requested to leave by dark.
- No more than two vehicles and 8 persons may occupy a campsite overnight after 10:00 p.m.
- Peace and quiet will be maintained between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. No person may create noise, music, or shouting which emits sounds beyond the person’ immediate campsite, picnic site or vehicle. Use of generators is not permitted after 10:00 p.m.
- Disposing of wastewater onto park grounds is prohibited. Please use holding tanks and/or buckets and dispose of at the dump station.
- Do not wash or rinse recreational vehicle at your campsite.
- Public consumption of alcohol is prohibited at Riverside Park.
- Riverside Park is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Cancellation/Refunds: Office must be notified within 72 hours prior to reservation date or fee is forfeited. There will be a $5.00 service charge added for processing refunds. On Major Holidays - ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS OR RESCHEDULING ALLOWED.
- Occupancy Limitations: Long term campers are on a month to month basis and must comply with our Parks and Recreation Rules and Regulations.
- Speed limit is 15 mph.
- Operation of vehicles will be upon paved areas only.
- No parking of vehicles or camping units along roadway or off camping pads. Parking should be done only in designated areas only.
- Indiscriminate operation of vehicles is prohibited in camping areas.
- Motorcycles, motorbikes, golf carts, 4-wheelers and mopeds are not permitted in camping areas.
- All state laws governing the operation of vehicles are applicable to the operation of motor vehicles in city parks.
- Operators of motorcycles, motorbikes, and mopeds must be licensed.
- No persons may operate a vehicle in the city park between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., except for emergency or necessary reasons.
CITIATIONS WILL BE ISSUED TO VIOLATORS OF THESE PARK RULES AND REGUALTIONS
- Boats must maintain a no wake within 100 yards of Boat Ramp.
- Glass containers are prohibited in park.
- Hazardous swim conditions exist, swim at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
- Swimmers swim at their own risk.
- Life vest or water floatation device recommended for small children.
- Children should be supervised.
- River flow varies according to season and precipitation.
- Bottom depth also varies depending on river flow and other water conditions.
- No diving is allowed from the piers and no swimming or wading is allowed in or around the boat ramp area.
- Strong currents can be dangerous.
- No life guard or park personnel are on duty at the river.
Park Ranger (office)....... (979)-245-0340
Sheriff ........................ (979) 245-5526
Hospital....................... (979) 245-6383
Emergency ................... 911